Equus 3320 Review (Auto-Ranging, Digital)
The Equus 3320 is an entry-level affordable multimeter, primarily intended for automotive use. It’s key benefit is that it’s auto-ranging, which is a feature you rarely see in products in this price range. At this writing the 3320 is a bestseller on Amazon.com in the automotive category because it is selling for nearly half the list price.
It also works will as a general-purpose instrument although it does have its limitations; it takes a while for it to stabilize and find the correct range, and for AC power it is limited to 200mA. The build quality is also somewhat lacking compared to high-end devices like the Fluke 87-5, but I suppose it’s hard to complain considering that the latter is a professional-grade product, while the Equus 3320 is targeting hobbyists.
For DIY work around the house, basic work with electronics and for the amateur auto mechanic, it is nevertheless amazing to find a feature like auto-ranging in a product this affordable. After all, having to turn the dial to get the correct range is something that is especially useful for less experienced users. Many users tend to overlook this, hence causing them to get an incorrect reading.
- UL certified product designed to safely and accurately troubleshoot a variety of automotive and household electrical problems
- Auto-ranging scales eliminate the need to dial in the correct range when making electronic measurements
- Features large digital display and color coded LED's for battery quick check
- Single-setting resistance function for AC and DC voltage
- Protective rubber corner guards for drop protection
Last Update: 3 hours ago
Comments are closed.