OTC 3908 AMP (Clamp DMM)
OTC’s 3908 AMP clamp multimeter was basically designed to measure current accurately. Now it is equipped with all basic functions of a multimeter. Its colorful front is different and gives it a toy-like appearance. An eccentric meet of jaws has given it a funny look which rarely goes with a useful instrument. However, it has all fundamental functions of an Auto electrician’s need.
As a clamp meter OTC 3908 AMP enables you to measure current most conveniently. Due to the presence of the clamps it’s very simple to measure starting and charging currents in an automobile. Voltage and other parameters vital for automotive diagnosis are possible to measure with this meter. This DMM measures Duty cycle, Resistance, Capacitance, frequency and temperature. Moreover it’s capable to test diodes and continuity. It may be termed as an all in one measuring tool for automotives.
This instrument has got some really useful features to mention. These are appended below:
- Auto/Manual Range selection
- Automatic zero adjustment
- Over range indication
- Low battery symbol
- Data hold option
- Max. allowable voltage AC/DC 600V
- Max Allowable current AC/DC 1000A
- Automatic reverse polarity indication
- Auto power off
Hence as an automotive technician you may select this meter for your job. It won’t frustrate you in service. The package includes the DMM, Test leads, temperature probe, soft case to carry and a 9V battery. It may be the right choice for you at the price.
- OTC AMP clamp/multimeter was designed to allow accurate current measurements using clamp jaws
- clamp meter is well suited for testing starting/ charging circuits and Provides easy access to current voltage and other key automotive measurements
- Display maximum reading of 4000 counts
- Automatic negative polarity indication
- Tests duty cycle resistance capacitance diode continuity and more
Last Update: 0 seconds
Comments are closed.